1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, squash purée and maple syrup. Add coconut oil, whisking vigorously to combine. Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just incorporated; do not over-mix.
4. For sweet muffins, fold in chocolate chips. For savory muffins, fold in green onion and seeds. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean. Let muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling. If storing, wrap cool ed muffins in plastic wrap and store in a cool, dark place for up to 4 days. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size 1 sweet muffin
- Calories 179
- Carbohydrate Content 26.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 234 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g