Here’s another great breakfast idea: pumpkin pancakes!
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add potato, onion and bell peppers, and sauté for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and onions are translucent. Add spinach and chile powder; sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add eggs and egg whites. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked through. Turn off heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Tear off 4 16-inch rectangles of foil and lay 1 tortilla on top of each. Divide egg mixture evenly into the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. To wrap, fold edges in, then roll forward tightly. Wrap burrito tightly in foil. (NOTE: Alternatively, line with parchment paper and then wrap in foil.)
- Place wrapped burritos in a large zip- top freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, preheat oven to 400°F. Place a burrito, still wrapped, on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Use tongs to transfer wrapped burrito to a paper bag and take on the go. (NOTE: Baked burritos will stay warm for 15 to 20 minutes; they can be eaten on the go or when you get to work. If reheating in the microwave, make sure to remove foil first.)
- Serving Size 1 breakfast burrito
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 100 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 15.5 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 456 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g