Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Can’t get enough of these sweet potato brownies? Find more healthy desserts here.
Find more sweet potato recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare brownies: Combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In a food processor, combine sweet potato, honey, oil and vanilla. Purée until combined and smooth.
- Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined; do not over-mix.
- In a separate dry bowl, whisk egg whites until fluffy. Then, using a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Lightly spray sides of baking pan (9 x 9 x 2-inch) with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and place into oven. Bake for about 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow brownies to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- While brownies are cooking or cooling, prepare icing: In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, honey, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Whisk until incorporated, adding 1 tbsp water if mixture is hard to whisk. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Loosen brownie and turn slab out onto a cutting board or platter. Cut into 16 pieces, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, divide icing evenly over each brownie and serve immediately. Leftovers may be kept refrigerated in a resealable container for up to 2 days
- Serving Size 1 sweet potato brownie
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 75 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g