Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
Do you prefer ketchup to other sauces? We've got you covered with this clean, homemade version.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 8-oz sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 to 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare fries: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut each potato in half crosswise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch slices, then cut slices into 1/2-inch strips (to resemble French fries). Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and oregano. Drizzle oil over potatoes. Using a silicone spatula, toss potatoes gently yet thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over potatoes and toss gently.
- Arrange potatoes in a thin layer on a large, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce: In a separate small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- Remove potatoes from oven, sprinkle evenly with salt and serve with dipping sauce.
- Serving Size: about 2/3 cup sweet potato fries and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories: 168
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 654 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g