Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
Do you prefer ketchup to other sauces? We’ve got you covered with this clean, homemade version.
- Prepare fries: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut each potato in half crosswise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch slices, then cut slices into 1/2-inch strips (to resemble French fries). Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and oregano. Drizzle oil over potatoes. Using a silicone spatula, toss potatoes gently yet thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over potatoes and toss gently.
- Arrange potatoes in a thin layer on a large, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce: In a separate small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- Remove potatoes from oven, sprinkle evenly with salt and serve with dipping sauce.
- Serving Size about 2/3 cup sweet potato fries and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 168
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 654 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g