Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a medium saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add shallots and sauté for 5 minutes. Add curry paste, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes (if using) and sauté 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add 2½ cups water and reserved pineapple juice. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup sweet potatoes and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
2. Using an immersion blender, blend mixture in saucepan until smooth (or transfer to an upright blender, blend and return to saucepan). Add remaining 1½ cups sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pineapple chunks, green beans and coconut milk; cover and simmer 7 to 10 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and basil. Serve over quinoa or brown rice.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 127 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g