Optional toppings: toasted pine nuts, cilantro, crispy leeks
Suggested dippers: vegetables chips (such as sweet potato, beet or taro)
*TIP: To prepare mashed sweet potato, scrub 2 large skin-on sweet potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in 400°F oven until a sharp knife slides easily into center, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
- Prep Time
2 cups roasted, peeled and mashed sweet potato*
1¼ cups store-bought or homemade plain hummus (about 10 oz)
⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper, optional
¼ tsp dried oregano
1. In a food processor, blend sweet potato, hummus, cayenne (if using) and oregano until smooth; divide among serving bowls.
2. Pile on toppings. Serve with vegetable chips, or your choice of dipper.
CRISPY LEEKS: Toss 1 leek, cut into matchsticks, with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp tapioca starch. Bake at 375ºF until crispy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 328
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 333 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g