Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Optional toppings: toasted pine nuts, cilantro, crispy leeks
Suggested dippers: vegetables chips (such as sweet potato, beet or taro)
*TIP: To prepare mashed sweet potato, scrub 2 large skin-on sweet potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in 400°F oven until a sharp knife slides easily into center, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
1. In a food processor, blend sweet potato, hummus, cayenne (if using) and oregano until smooth; divide among serving bowls.
2. Pile on toppings. Serve with vegetable chips, or your choice of dipper.
CRISPY LEEKS: Toss 1 leek, cut into matchsticks, with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp tapioca starch. Bake at 375ºF until crispy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 328
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 333 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g