Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place potato in a 10 1/2 x 7-inch baking dish. Pour maple syrup over top and toss until well coated. Spread in a single layer and bake until very tender, without turning, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer to refrigerator. Refrigerate overnight to further soften potato.
- In the bowl of a food processor, purée potato until creamy, about 4 minutes. With a rubber spatula, scrape bowl to prevent syrup from settling on the bottom. Add milk and blend, then add honey, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and process until mixture turns from dark orange to light orange in color and becomes creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 9-inch metal cake pan and freeze for 12 hours, until solid. To serve, remove from freezer and let rest for about 5 minutes, until scoopable.
- Serving Size 1/3 cup sweet potato ice cream
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 26 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g