- Cook Time
- Prep Time
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
½ cup jicama, cut into ½-inch cubes
¾ cup red onion, diced
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1½ tbsp jalapeño, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
5 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large pot with ½-inch water and place sweet potatoes in water and cover. Steam on high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, until softened.
2. While steaming, mix together jicama, onion, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro in a medium bowl.
3. When potatoes are finished, rinse with cold water and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
4. In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
5. Add potatoes to jicama mixture. Pour vinegar-oil dressing over top and stir until well combined. Let marinate, covered, for 10 minutes in refrigerator. Best if enjoyed within 3 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 65 mg