1. Fill a large pot with ½-inch water and place sweet potatoes in water and cover. Steam on high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, until softened.
2. While steaming, mix together jicama, onion, garlic, jalapeño and cilantro in a medium bowl.
3. When potatoes are finished, rinse with cold water and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
4. In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
5. Add potatoes to jicama mixture. Pour vinegar-oil dressing over top and stir until well combined. Let marinate, covered, for 10 minutes in refrigerator. Best if enjoyed within 3 to 5 days.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg