We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 28-oz BPA-free can unsalted diced tomatoes, with juices
- 3 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano (TRY: Simply Organic Oregano)
- 1 tsp each paprika and red pepper flakes (TRY: Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- ½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 14 oz each), peeled and very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
1 12-oz carton organic firm tofu, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp avocado oil
¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (goat’s milk preferred), divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes with juices, tomato paste, 2 cloves minced garlic, oregano, paprika, pepper flakes and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in basil.
2. In a food processor, place all filling ingredients except cheese; process until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in 1½ cups cheese and set aside.
3. Assemble lasagna: Spread ½ cup tomato sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Add 1 layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly. Top with one-third of filling, 1 cup spinach and ½ cup sauce. Repeat with 2 more layers of potato slices, filling, spinach and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 55 minutes. Uncover; set broiler to high and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese on top browns.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 529
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 44 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 826 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g