We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes with juices, tomato paste, 2 cloves minced garlic, oregano, paprika, pepper flakes and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in basil.
2. In a food processor, place all filling ingredients except cheese; process until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in 1½ cups cheese and set aside.
3. Assemble lasagna: Spread ½ cup tomato sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Add 1 layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly. Top with one-third of filling, 1 cup spinach and ½ cup sauce. Repeat with 2 more layers of potato slices, filling, spinach and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 55 minutes. Uncover; set broiler to high and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese on top browns.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 529
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 44 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 826 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g