Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a large bowl, stir together egg yolks, sweet potato, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Add almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites for 2 minutes, until frothy. Stir egg whites into batter.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle on medium-low; brush with oil. Working in batches and using 2 to 3 tbsp batter per pancake, drop batter into skillet, using back of a spoon or spatula to spread to about ¼-inch thickness. Cook, turning once, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes per batch.
TIP:To prepare mashed sweet potato, scrub 1 large skin-on sweet potato and prick several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in 400 F oven until a sharp knife slides easily into center, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
- Serving Size 2 pancakes
- Calories 269
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 186 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 386 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g