- Cook Time
- Prep Time
¼ cup large-flake rolled oats
¼ cup chopped unsalted pecans
2 tbsp pure maple syrup, divided
1 tsp coconut oil
2 cups frozen mango chunks
¾ cup roasted, peeled and mashed sweet potato*
½ cup BPA-free canned coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp each ground nutmeg and cinnamon
Optional toppings: Shredded or sliced coconut, hemp or chia seeds, fresh berries, ground cherries, kumquats, nuts, fresh mint or basil
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a small bowl, combine oats, pecans, 1 tbsp maple syrup and coconut oil. Spread mixture onto prepared sheet; bake until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once. Let cool completely.
3. To a high-speed blender, add mango, sweet potato, coconut milk, vanilla, remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon; blend until smooth.
4. Divide mixture among 2 chilled bowls; sprinkle evenly with oat mixture. Top with toppings of choice.
*TIP: To prepare mashed sweet potato, scrub 1 large skin-on sweet potato and prick several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in a 400˚F oven until a sharp knife slides easily into center, 45 to 60 minutes. Let cool enough to handle, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
- Serving Size: ½ of recipe
- Calories: 537
- Carbohydrate Content: 77 g
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 45 mg
- Sugar Content: 47 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g