Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, add potatoes. Bake, turning once, for 50 minutes, until fork-tender. Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet on medium. Add coconut and cook, stirring often, until toasted and lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Halve potatoes and scoop out flesh, discarding skins. Transfer flesh to a medium bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- In a food processor, process pecans into fine crumbs. Add 1 cup mashed potato flesh (reserve remaining potato for another use) and maple syrup. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl. Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and process to combine. Gradually add flour and pulse to fully combine.
- Scoop out potato mixture in 1-tbsp increments and roll into balls. Transfer to coconut and roll to coat. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size 2 potato pie truffles
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 18 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g