Feeling "inspiralized?" Learn more about veggie noodles from the founder of the Inspiralized blog, Ali Maffucci.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Pinch each sea salt, ground black pepper, chile powder, ground cayenne pepper and paprika
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbsp slivered unsalted almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Slice ends off sweet potatoes. Working one at a time, secure sweet potato in a spiral slicer and turn the crank to create noodles.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. To skillet, add tomatoes, olives, capers, salt, black pepper, chile powder, cayenne and paprika. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes more or until heated through. Add sweet potato noodles and Swiss chard; stirring to combine. Cook until sweet potato noodles are tender and chard is wilted, about 5 to 7 minutes more. Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Divide mixture among plates. Garnish with almonds and basil.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 423
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 124 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6.5 g
- Protein Content: 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 408 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g