- In the bowl of a large food processor, grind peanuts, about 1 minute. Add flours, baking powder and salt and pulse about 6 times, until mixed through. Add solid peanut oil and pulse another 4 to 5 times, until oil is mixed in.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, 1/4 cup ice water and vinegar. Place flour mixture in a medium bowl, pour in milk mixture and blend until dough just comes together. Do not knead. Halve dough, wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove 1 piece of dough from refrigerator (leave other in fridge until ready to use). Roll dough out into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick. Place 4 tart tins upside down on dough. Cut a circle around each tart tin, 1/2-inch larger than tins. Flip over tin and place dough circle inside, press dough into tins to fit and remove excess around edges. Repeat for remaining 3 tins. Gather up dough ends, roll out for a second time and make 2 more shells. Then remove second piece of dough from refrigerator and repeat steps. Make a total of 12 tart shells.
- Bake tarts in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly brown. Fill with Chicken & Apple Filling and serve.
CHICKEN & APPLE FILLING
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray and set on medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Add apples, 1/2 cup water, sage, salt, pepper and maple syrup. Cook for 4 minutes, until apples are tender and some liquid has evaporated.
- In a small bowl, combine flour with 1/4 cup water. Add mixture to saucepan and simmer for about 3 more minutes, covered, until sauce cooks and thickens. Add hot sauce, if desired. To serve, place 1/3 cup Chicken & Apple Filling in a warm or room-temperature tart shell.
PORK & SWEET POTATO FILLING
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray and set on medium-high heat. Add pork and onion and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is cooked through. Remove mixture from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and, in same pan, add potato and 1 cup water. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add pork mixture back to pan with potato, along with rosemary, salt, pepper, maple syrup and flour. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add ½ cup water, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, cover and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, until sauce thickens. Add hot sauce, if desired.
- To serve, place 1⁄3 cup Pork & Sweet Potato Filling in a warm or room-temperature tart shell.
- Serving Size 1 shell, 1/3 c filling
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 16 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 182 mg
- Sugar Content 4.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g