Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Brain & Energy Boosters
Chicken is a good source of protein, which is essential for maintaining memory and focus. Almonds are rich in the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, which can help protect neurons so the brain can function efficiently. The fiber in the vegetables helps keep your digestion on track and helps you maintain even blood sugar levels, both of which can keep you feeling energized.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Pickle carrots for filling: In a small bowl, place carrots. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring just to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Pour over carrots. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to use (at least 1 hour or up to 1 day).
2. Make sauce: To a small skillet, add oil, garlic and ginger. Place over low heat; cook until mixture begins to sizzle. Cook for 30 seconds; transfer to a cup to cool. In a small food processor, combine almond butter, aminos, vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, sriracha and cooled garlic mixture; blend until smooth. Blend in a splash of water, a little at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Add additional salt, to taste. (Make Ahead: You can make sauce up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
3. Assemble wraps: Drain carrot mixture; transfer to a bowl. Place chicken, cabbage, cucumber, mint, basil and sauce into separate bowls or plates. Build wraps in lettuce leaves right before eating. (NOTE: Prepare ingredients up to 3 hours ahead; place in separate containers, cover and refrigerate. Assemble when ready to eat.)
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 342
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 482 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g