- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 16 seedless green or red grapes or a combination
- 6 fresh figs, halved
- 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, plus additional, to taste
- 2 tbsp each coarsely chopped fresh basil and fresh mint
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 10- to 12-inch skewers, soaked in water if wood or bamboo
- To a medium heat-proof bowl, add bulgur and 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp molasses and 1 tbsp oil. Thread grapes and figs onto skewers. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grate of a grill and heat on medium-high. Add chicken and grill for 2 minutes per side. Lightly brush both sides with some of molasses-oil mixture and continue to grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more per side. Lightly brush both sides of skewers with remaining molasses-oil mixture and grill until fruit is lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Set chicken and skewers aside to rest, loosely covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir basil, mint, pomegranate arils, vinegar and remaining 1 tbsp oil into bulgur. Season with additional salt and pepper. Arrange bulgur on plates or a platter and top with chicken and fruit. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup bulgur mixture, 1/4 of fruit
- Calories: 448
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 94 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 329 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g