Find 17 tasty twists on taco recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 6-inch corn or whole-grain tortillas, or 8 whole-grain buns
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups unsalted boxed or jarred diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp each ground cayenne pepper, allspice, cinnamon and black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 small jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare chicken: Arrange chicken in a 4- to 6-qt slow cooker and top with diced mango, onion and garlic. Add remaining chicken ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare slaw: In a medium bowl, add all slaw ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using tongs, remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside on a plate. With an immersion blender, purée sauce in slow cooker until smooth. (Alternatively, transfer sauce to an upright blender or food processor, purée and then return to slow cooker.) Shred chicken with 2 forks and return to slow cooker, stirring into sauce. If needed, cover and cook on high for 10 minutes more to reheat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Using a slotted spoon, divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas and top with slaw.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 222 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g