Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
For more clean dessert recipes, click here!
- Grease 2 heat-proof bowls with butter. Divide popcorn evenly between bowls. To first bowl, add cherries, walnuts, cinnamon and cayenne. To second bowl, add apricot, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Stir each bowl to combine. Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine Sucanat and 1/4 cup water. Heat on medium and cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (235°F) on a candy thermometer, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully add 1 tbsp butter and vanilla; mixture will sputter. Stir gently. (Tip: If you don’t have a candy thermometer, drop a small amount of syrup into cold water. It will form little balls that are soft to the touch once cooled, about 20 seconds. If it doesn’t form a ball and dissipates, it has not yet reached the correct temperature. If it forms harder balls or shards, you’ve gone too far.)
- Drizzle Sucanat mixture over bowls of popcorn, stirring to coat. With buttered hands and working with 1 flavor at a time, form 12 golf ball–sized popcorn balls of each flavor around sticks. Transfer to prepared sheet; drizzle chocolate over cherry balls.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 332
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 19 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 504 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g