Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup water, tomato paste, vinegar, maple syrup, Worcestershire, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper flakes. Bring sauce to a boil on medium-high; continue boiling for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture reduces to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat, stir in oil, divide sauce between 2 small bowls and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare slaw: In a medium bowl, combine slaw ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare bread: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Lightly coat both sides of each bread slice with cooking spray and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden. Remove bread from grill, gently rub top of each slice with garlic, brush or drizzle with oil and sprinkle with oregano, dividing evenly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle black pepper on both sides of chicken breasts. Place chicken on grill or grill pan and cook for 3 minutes on medium-high. Flip chicken over, brush 2 tbsp sauce over top and cook for 3 minutes. Again, flip chicken over, brush with 2 tbsp sauce and cook for 1 minute. Finally, flip chicken over and spoon remaining 1/4 cup sauce over top. Cook for 1 more minute or until no longer pink in center. Serve with coleslaw and bread.
- Serving Size 3 oz chicken, 3/4 c coleslaw, 1 slice bread
- Calories 313
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 58 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 553 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g