Find more vegetarian recipes here!
- Preheat broiler to high and line a large baking sheet with foil. Mist both sides of eggplant with cooking spray and arrange on baking sheet. Broil for 4 minutes per side, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot on high, combine tomatoes and bell pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until most liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in beans, chopped basil, garlic, nuts, capers and salt. Spoon over top of eggplant slices, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with cheese and broil for 1 minute, until cheese begins to brown. Serve over top of rice and garnish with whole basil leaves.
- Serving Size 2 eggplant rounds and 1/2 cup rice
- Calories 314
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 443 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g