Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If there’s a more perfect snack than popcorn, we haven’t found it. Not only are the kernels high in fiber, they also contain phenolic acids, which work as antioxidants and may prevent cellular damage.
Munch away on this popcorn-trail mix combo when you’re out on the trail, after a workout, or while watching a movie. Crunchy, sweet, and super satisfying, this is a snack you’ll want to make sure you always have on hand.
For more sweet snacking ideas (and some savory snacks, too!), try these recipes:
Sweet Trail Mix Popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pumpkin seeds and peanuts.
- Combine butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small skillet. Stir over low heat until butter has melted and ingredients are mixed well. Drizzle over the popcorn mixture. Toss.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted and mostly dried, about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool, tossing every few minutes.
- When popcorn mixture has cooled completely, add bananas, strawberries and chocolate chips. Toss again. Portion into bowls and serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container for up to three days.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 332
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 130 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g