1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook noodles according to package directions, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix beans, 5 tbsp hemp hearts and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add leeks and sauté for 1 minute. Add zucchini, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes to soften, stirring often. Add chard and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Transfer vegetables to a bowl. Wipe out saucepan.
4. To a blender, add 3 cups water, cashews, nutritional yeast, arrowroot, garlic powder, 1 tsp salt and remaining 2 tbsp oil; blend until smooth. Pour mixture into saucepan and heat on medium-low, stirring occasionally. Once mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and whisk for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened and reduced by about half. Remove from heat.
5. To assemble lasagna, spread 1 cup marinara along the bottom of a 12 x 9-inch casserole dish. Layer 3 noodles over the sauce. Spread half of vegetable mixture over noodles, then sprinkle with half of bean mixture. Drizzle with one-third of cashew cream, spreading it out gently. Line with another layer of 3 lasagna noodles, and repeat with half of vegetable mixture, half of bean mixture and one third of cashew cream. Line with remaining 3 noodles, and spread remaining 2 cups marinara on top. Dollop top with remaining one-third cashew cream in large swatches (do not spread).
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 20 minutes longer. Turn oven to broil and bake for 3 to 4 minutes to lightly brown cashew cream on top. Remove lasagna from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp hemp hearts. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to set, then cut into 8 slices. If storing, wrap pan tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days, reheating as needed.
Tip: Garnish servings with fresh parsley if you have some on hand.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 444
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 852 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g