Also see Swiss Chard Wraps with Almond Lime Dip.
From Aim True by Kathryn Budig. Copyright © 2016 by Kathryn Budig. Reprinted by permission of William Morow Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, toast the coconut flakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are golden brown (watch closely, they burn fast). Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the lemongrass and grated ginger to the saute pan and dry toast them for 2 minutes. Add the hot water, fish sauce, tamarind paste, and sugar and stir until combined. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the toasted coconut flakes, transfer the sauce to a bowl, and set it aside.
- Bring the heat back up to medium-high and melt the coconut oil in the saute pan. Add the shrimp and sprinkle them with the seasoned salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are curled and pink. Chop them into small pieces.
- Arrange all the ingredients within reach in this order: chard, shallots, ginger, jalapeños, the remaining toasted coconut, shrimp, peanuts, sauce, and lime wedges. Start with a piece of chard and add a pinch each of shallots and ginger, 1 to 2 pieces of the jalapeños, a pinch of toasted coconut, a few bits of shrimp, 1 to 2 peanuts, a drizzle of sauce, and the juice from a lime wedge. Roll it up (don’t try to make them pretty, this is street food!) and pop it into your mouth!
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g