Taco-Stuffed Avocado Boats
Avocado is the star ingredient of these tacos. Just substitute avocados for taco shells for the perfect low-carb taco. Load with ground beef, cheese, and a dollop of sour cream and you have a delicious lunch or dinner.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Looking for more delicious avocado recipes? Click here for more!
- 4 large avocados, halved and pitted (peel on)
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup prepared salsa
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Scoop out 2 to 3 tbsp flesh from the bottom of each avocado half, leaving the remaining flesh in avocado intact. Add removed flesh to a food processor along with sour cream, lime juice and ¼ tsp salt. Purée until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add bell pepper and onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add beef and cook for 8 minutes, breaking up meat with a spoon. Add salsa, cumin, chile powder and remaining ½ tsp salt. Cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in cheese.
- Divide filling between avocado halves; drizzle with avocado-sour cream mixture. Top with cilantro.
- Serving Size 1 stuffed avocado half
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 33 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 327 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 16 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g