Prep It Ahead: Prep carrots 2 to 3 days ahead and tahini sauce up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Prep hazelnuts and matzo up to 2 days ahead; keep in an airtight container. Roast carrots just before serving. Add additional water to thin out sauce, if needed, then drizzle over carrots and sprinkle with toppings.
- Prep Time
2 lb whole rainbow carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise (NOTE: If carrots are small and thin, leave whole.)
1½ tsp olive oil or avocado oil
3/8 tsp sea salt, divided
ground black pepper, to taste
3 tbsp tahini paste
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
½ piece whole-wheat matzo cracker
2 tbsp roasted and skinned hazelnuts, roughly chopped
½ cup roughly chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. On sheet, place carrots and brush with oil. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter.
2. Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, honey, remaining 1/8 tsp salt and enough water to make a pourable sauce, about 3 tbsp. (NOTE: The consistency should be like pancake batter.)
3. Place matzo in oven for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy; finely chop or crumble.
4. Drizzle desired amount of sauce on carrots. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, matzo and dill. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 225 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g