Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Prep It Ahead: Prep carrots 2 to 3 days ahead and tahini sauce up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Prep hazelnuts and matzo up to 2 days ahead; keep in an airtight container. Roast carrots just before serving. Add additional water to thin out sauce, if needed, then drizzle over carrots and sprinkle with toppings.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. On sheet, place carrots and brush with oil. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter.
2. Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, honey, remaining 1/8 tsp salt and enough water to make a pourable sauce, about 3 tbsp. (NOTE: The consistency should be like pancake batter.)
3. Place matzo in oven for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy; finely chop or crumble.
4. Drizzle desired amount of sauce on carrots. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, matzo and dill. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 135
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 225 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g