Nutritional Bonus: Chicken is one of the best sources of tryptophan, an essential amino acid that’s key to your body’s production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter. Serotonin plays a role in helping reduce anxiety levels and depression.
Love almond butter? Don’t miss this cookie recipe!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tsp tamari, 1 tbsp honey, ginger and oil. Add chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes, until cooked through. (NOTE: The USDA recommends cooking to an internal temperature of 165°F when tested with a food thermometer.)
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and fit with a steamer basket. Bring to a boil and add broccoli. Steam for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk together almond butter, remaining 2 tsp tamari, remaining 1 tbsp honey, vinegar and Sriracha, if desired. Divide chicken and broccoli among serving plates and drizzle broccoli evenly with almond butter sauce.
- Serving Size 2 chicken thighs, 1 cup broccoli, 1 tbsp sauce
- Calories 288
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 529 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g