- Prepare salsa: In a bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, 1 tsp maple syrup and salt. Add mango, red pepper and scallion and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine hemp seeds, vinegar, nutritional yeast, 1/4Tempeh tsp salt, chipotle chile powder and 3 tbsp water and blend until completely smooth. Scrape into a separate bowl and set aside. Clean blender.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes and cook, turning occasionally, until dark brown and blistered, 5 to 7 minutes for garlic and 10 minutes for onion and tomatoes. Peel garlic and add to blender. To blender, add onion and tomatoes and purée until smooth. In same skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until beginning to darken, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, stir together tempeh, mushrooms, chile powder, 1 tbsp maple syrup, cacao powder (if using), cumin, oregano and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Add to onion mixture and cook, stirring often, until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide rice and lettuce among bowls. Top with tempeh mixture, drizzle with hemp mixture and sprinkle with salsa. If using, top with radishes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 477
- Carbohydrate Content 63 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17.5 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 419 mg
- Sugar Content 21.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g