We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil or safflower oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12 oz raw, fresh or frozen and thawed jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined (with or without tails)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen baby corn cobs, thawed and halved crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 hot red chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mirin rice cooking wine (TRY: Eden Foods Mirin Rice Cooking Wine)
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce (TRY: San J Reduced-Sodium Tamari)
- 2 tbsp raw honey (TRY: Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Honey)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare teriyaki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; whisk until combined and honey dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet on high, heat 1 tsp grape seed oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and sesame oil and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Keep wok on high and heat 1 tsp grape seed oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with chicken. Heat remaining 1 tsp grape seed oil in wok, and add bell pepper and broccoli; stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken, shrimp and any juice to wok. Add corn and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken and shrimp are cooked through, vegetables are tender-crisp and sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and chile (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 130 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 454 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g