Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Stir-fry is a weekday mainstay for dinnertime on crunch time. That’s why every cook has their personal speedy recipe for this classic dish. Including us, of course.
This grain-veg-protein medley is so filling and delicious, you won’t believe that it comes together in only 20 minutes. You might be accustomed to the typical affair of tossing your leftovers in a pot and calling it a day. Now we’re calling on you to turn up the heat. Master our surprisingly easy teriyaki sauce to level up your stir-fry game for good. We pair these sweet bites of chicken and meaty morsels of shrimp with yellow bell pepper, broccoli florets, baby corn cobs, scallions and chile pepper. We recommend serving up this flavorful mix with either brown jasmine rice or brown rice udon noodles. We’re choosing brown rice options over white rice because in almost every single category of nutrition, brown rice is superior to its paler counterpart.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
Ready for your next challenge? Get your fry on with the following recipes:
- Prepare teriyaki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; whisk until combined and honey dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet on high, heat 1 tsp grape seed oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and sesame oil and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Keep wok on high and heat 1 tsp grape seed oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with chicken. Heat remaining 1 tsp grape seed oil in wok, and add bell pepper and broccoli; stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken, shrimp and any juice to wok. Add corn and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken and shrimp are cooked through, vegetables are tender-crisp and sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and chile (if using).
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 130 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 454 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g