- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half crosswise to make 2 thin slices
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
4 1/2-inch-thick slices fresh pineapple (Tip: Try cutting pieces into 11 2 x 3-inch rectangles to fit perfectly over chicken.)
- 1 tsp safflower oil, divided
- 4 2-oz whole-grain rolls, split and toasted
- 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with cilantro,lime juice and 1/8 tsp salt; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Sprinkle pineapple slices with remaining 1/8 tsp salt.
- Heat a large grill pan on medium-high and brush with oil. Working in batches if necessary, grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway, until no pink remains in center. Transfer chicken to a plate to rest for 4 to 5 minutes. Just when chicken comes off heat, add pineapple to grill pan and cook until grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Divide avocado over bottom halves of rolls. Top each with 2 pieces chicken, 1 pineapple slice and 2 tomato slices. Sandwich with tops of buns.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 78 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 624 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g