Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add potatoes and stir constantly until coated, about 1 minute. Add milk and 1 3/4 cups water. Cover pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. (NOTE: Do not boil; keep liquid at a steady simmer.)
- To pan, add eggplant and stir to submerge in liquid. Add bok chou and arrange in a single layer; lightly press down to partially submerge. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add chicken and stir gently to submerge, then add pepper. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Divide curry among serving bowls and sprinkle chiles (if using), onion and cilantro evenly over top. Serve with rice.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups curry and 3/4 cup rice
- Calories 585
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 17 g
- Sodium Content 522 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g