Thai-Inspired Tomato Soup
Fresh lemongrass and coconut oil are two essential ingredients in Thai cooking that give this fast, easy and delicious tomato soup its authentic flavor.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Nutritional Bonus: This aromatic soup provides 20% of your daily value (DV) of vitamin C, an immune-boosting nutrient that helps improve your body’s absorption of iron from plant-based sources.
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp trimmed and finely chopped fresh lemongrass or 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (TIP: When working with lemongrass, trim ends then remove fibrous outer layers prior to chopping.)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, 1 cup water, oil, lemongrass, lime juice, ginger, garlic and salt. Blend until smooth. Add an additional 1 cup water and blend to combine. Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with basil, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 105
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 484 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g