Love pasta? Find 20 more fabulous Clean Eating recipes with pasta here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted tomato juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted, natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on or off
- 8 oz brown rice Pad Thai, fettuccine or linguine noodles
- 2 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (about 1/2 small head)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp each chopped fresh mint and cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp unsalted peanuts, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, tomato juice, peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice, honey and pepper flakes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on high heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl with coconut milk mixture.
- In same large pot, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse well. Add noodles to bowl with shrimp. Add cabbage, onion, mint and cilantro; toss to coat. Top with peanuts.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 224
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 86 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 548 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g