Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add onions, garlic, coriander, chile powder, cumin and cayenne (if using). Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until spices are fragrant and onions are soft.
- Add beans and sauté for another 3 minutes. Incorporate ¼ cup water and salt. Using a fork or masher, slightly mash beans. Remove from heat.
- In a small sauté pan over medium-high, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add green, red and jalapeño peppers and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Prepare 10 medium sheets of foil. (NOTE: Use parchment paper instead of foil if you intend to heat the burritos in a microwave.) On a flat surface, place 1 tortilla shell on 1 sheet of foil and scoop 1/3 cup bean mixture into the center.
- Top with ¼ cup quinoa and a few pieces of the green, red and jalapeño peppers; roll and wrap. Place in a resealable bag. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Label each bag with contents and date; transfer to freezer.
- When ready to use, place wrapped burritos on a baking sheet and place into a 375°F oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. If using a microwave, heat for 3 to 4 minutes on medium-high.
- When heated, plate on a bed of lettuce or whole grains and top with avocado, beet, carrot, cilantro, green onions and salsa.
- Serving Size 2 burritos
- Calories 553
- Carbohydrate Content 91 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 20.5 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 498 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4.5 g