THE GOOD FAT: Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats, a type of good fat that supports heart health. Additionally, this fruit is rich in pantothenic acid, a water-soluble B vitamin that’s essential for the production of red blood cells and for breaking down fats and carbohydrates for energy.
- Prep Time
- 8 3/4-oz slices bacon, no added nitrites or nitrates, chopped
- 5 oz boneless skinless turkey or chicken breast, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil mayonnaise, divided
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, optional
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chicken bone broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp each dried dill, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Prepare bowl: In a cast iron skillet on medium-high, add bacon and cook until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl, reserving drippings in pan. Add turkey to pan; cook until no longer pink, turning once, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. To bowl with turkey, stir in 2 tbsp mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, mash eggs with remaining 1 tbsp mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper.
3. Place lettuce at the bottom of 4 bowls. Divide avocado, turkey mixture and egg mixture among bowls. Top each bowl with bacon, tomato and green onions.
4. Prepare Ranch Dressing: In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well to combine. Drizzle each bowl with 2 tbsp dressing. Garnish with blue cheese (if using).
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 557
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 158 mg
- Fat Content: 48.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 852 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 13 g