Love Gruyère? Try our recipe for Butternut Squash Soufflés with Leeks & Gruyére
- 2 slices seeded whole-grain peasant bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 oz Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup mixed Japanese mushrooms, such as shiitake and oyster
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp all-natural truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped chives
- Preheat a grill to medium. Grill bread until grill marks appear and bread is lightly toasted, 2 minutes per side (or use a toaster).
- Cut a thin slice off end of garlic clove and, with the cut side of garlic, rub 1 side of bread.
- Place cheese on toast; place under a broiler until melted, 30 to 60 seconds.
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook undisturbed for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on underside. Season with salt and sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top toasts with sautéed mushrooms. Drizzle with truffle oil and top with chives.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 21.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 398 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g