THE GOOD FAT: Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats, a type of good fat that supports heart health. Additionally, this fruit is rich in pantothenic acid, a water-soluble B vitamin that’s essential for the production of red blood cells and for breaking down fats and carbohydrates for energy.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 3/4-oz slices bacon, no added nitrites or nitrates, chopped
- 5 oz boneless skinless turkey or chicken breast, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil mayonnaise, divided
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles, optional
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chicken bone broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried chives (TRY: Frontier Natural Products Freeze-Dried Chives)
- 1/4 tsp each dried dill, garlic powder and onion powder (TRY: Simply Organic Garlic Powder)
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
1. Prepare bowl: In a cast iron skillet on medium-high, add bacon and cook until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl, reserving drippings in pan. Add turkey to pan; cook until no longer pink, turning once, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. To bowl with turkey, stir in 2 tbsp mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, mash eggs with remaining 1 tbsp mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper.
3. Place lettuce at the bottom of 4 bowls. Divide avocado, turkey mixture and egg mixture among bowls. Top each bowl with bacon, tomato and green onions.
4. Prepare Ranch Dressing: In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well to combine. Drizzle each bowl with 2 tbsp dressing. Garnish with blue cheese (if using).
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 557
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 158 mg
- Fat Content: 48.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 852 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 13 g