The Laguna Green with Asparagus, Strawberries & Orange Tarragon Vinaigrette
Peak-season asparagus is lightly grilled then tossed with arugula, roasted beets and strawberries in this colorful, warm-weather salad.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 small beets (golden and/or red)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup sliced unsalted almonds
- ¼ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice, plus 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raspberry wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 5-oz pkg baby arugula
- 2 cups stemmed and sliced strawberries
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Roast beets: Cut a large square of foil and mist with cooking spray. Wrap beets tightly in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until tender. Let cool, then remove skin and chop.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Arrange asparagus on a large baking sheet or plate and mist with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times, until tender and grill marks appear. Cool; chop into 1-inch lengths.
- In a small skillet on medium-low, add almonds and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, orange juice and zest, oil, mustard, vinegar, garlic, tarragon and remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
- To a large bowl, add arugula, strawberries, beets, asparagus, almonds and cheese. Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 205
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 9 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 331 mg
- Sugar Content 11.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g