Try our savory french toast recipe.
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices whole-grain bread*
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- All-natural hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange potato in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Mist on both sides with cooking spray. Bake until tender and lightly golden, turning halfway, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat ghee. To a small bowl, crack 1 egg and slide it into skillet; repeat with remaining egg. Cook until whites are firm and yolk has achieved desired doneness.
- Toast bread. Divide potato, egg, avocado, onion, salt and hot sauce evenly among toasts.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 365
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 190 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 334 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g