The Ultimate Chocolate Protein Powder
For a quick add to your morning smoothie, oatmeal or breakfast bowl, make your own protein powder using staples you may already have in your pantry. It's cost-efficient and much easier than you’d think. Our Ultimate Chocolate Protein Powder is packed with healthy essential fatty acids (EFAs) from chia and hemp, and it contains antioxidant-rich cacao powder. Paired with a cup of organic soy milk, it'll give you more than 20 grams of satiating protein. The powder can be used within a few days, or frozen in individual servings for up to 1 month.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Read about the cleanest protein powders.
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maca powder
- 1/2 tsp
- Fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- Milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- To a spice grinder or high-powered flour grinder, add chia and hemp seeds and grind to a smooth powder (you may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your grinder). Transfer to a large plastic zip-top bag. To bag, add cacao, maca and stevia; seal and shake well.
- To serve, blend ¼ cup powder with 1 cup berries, 1 cup milk and ice, as desired.
- Serving Size 1/4 cup protein powder, 1 cup berries, 1 cup soy milk
- Calories 429
- Carbohydrate Content 41.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 78 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 14 g