Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Stumped as to how, exactly, to replicate the stunning platters and spreads of snacks you see at get-togethers or on Instagram? They aren’t complicated to make – but they can be a little tricky to perfect. A great grazing spread starts with the right combination of foods of varying flavors and textures, all meant to be eaten individually or paired together for an irresistible bite. We’ve done the hard work for you and pulled together a selection of our favorite Mediterranean-inspired treats, from dips to bites, so you can build your own awe-inspiring platter from the base up: the Ultimate Mezze Platter.
What’s included in the Ultimate Mezze Platter? Well, there’s a little of everything. We’ve included two dips (one savory, one a little sweet) along with the perfect bite-sized snacks (some salty, some crunchy, all meant to be mixed). In addition to being beautiful, the wealth of vegetables, fruit and dips means this platter is perfect for guests with a variety of dietary needs. You can replicate our gorgeous board to a tee or apply our tips and recipes to your own custom-curated spread. We love serving this platter with other mezze-inspired snack and appetizer foods to create a party-ready display.
How to make the Ultimate Mezze Platter
Make the platter
Place the 2 bowls of dip on a platter or board large enough to accommodate all of the ingredients. Arrange vegetables, pita and fruit around the bowls. Provide small plates for guests to help themselves.
Make the White Bean & Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Arrange rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler to high.
- Slice pepper in half lengthwise and remove stems and seeds. Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until soft and blackened on the outside, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer peppers to a heat-proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until cool enough to handle, then remove and discard skin; roughly chop the flesh.
- To a food processor, add peppers, beans, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and paprika and pulse until mixture is smooth, 10 to 15 pulses. Transfer mixture to a bowl and let chill in the fridge.
- Before serving, garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
Make the Greek Yogurt & Honey Dip
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, feta, honey, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and process until very smooth, 1 minute.
- Place in a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped pistachios and pomegranate seeds and drizzle with honey, if desired.