Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We’re constantly pulling out our sheet pans for easy, one-pan dinners. We love the simplicity of tossing some ingredients on a pan, popping it in the oven and forgetting about it until the timer goes off. But recently we wondered, why are these workhorse cooking vessels only relegated to dinners? Why not streamline breakfast in the same way? And so, the breakfast sheet pan was born.
This meal is so easy. We use a bag of packaged slaw to save on some of the chopping. You just pile all the veg on a sheet pan and roast, then add the eggs over top and cook to your taste. We’ve been eating it as a breakfast meal, but it also works great as a working day lunch when you need a quick meal without a lot of fuss.
A lower-carb breakfast option
For those looking for a lower-carb, or keto, breakfast, this meal ticks all the boxes. Based on four servings, it contains 8 g total carbs per serving with 4 g of fiber and 13 g protein to help you feel satiated. It also works well for those on gluten- or grain-free diets since the base is just veg. If you’re vegetarian, simply omit the bacon, it will be just as delicious.
We designed this recipe to serve four, but for a larger breakfast, it can serve two. Or add extra eggs to boost the protein. You can also use this recipe as a springboard for other ingredients or toppings. Add avocado slices, tomato slices or a pile of herbs. Or smother it with a pesto, a cashew cream sauce or a dollop of yogurt. The options are endless!
Keto Sheet Pan Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss slaw, zucchini, oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon over top. Roast for 12 to 14 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- Using a spatula, create 4 small wells within the hash mixture. Carefully crack open each egg into each well. Return to the oven and roast until egg whites are cooked through, about 6 minutes more. Cool 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Drizzle with hot sauce, if desired.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 183
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 192 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 509 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g