- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp spirulina powder, or powder from 1 spirulina capsule, opened
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
1. To a medium skillet on medium, add coconut flakes and stir until lightly toasted.
2. Add milk and ¼ cup water and bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until creamy. Strain through a sieve into a Mason jar.
3. To jar, add honey, spirulina and cardamom, seal and shake well to create frothy foam. Slowly remove lid and pour into a mug to serve.
NOTE: If using a handheld frother, froth mixture in Mason jar until foamy. Pour into mug to serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 178
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 64 mg
- Sugar Content: 18.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g