Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love ravioli? Try our Pea Ravioli in Lemon Broth recipe
- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, pepper flakes and pinch each dried oregano and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper. Cover, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and flavors combine, about 30 minutes. Add vinegar and fresh oregano and simmer for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until slightly cooled.
- With an immersion blender, purée sauce until smooth. (Alternatively, carefully transfer sauce to a blender. Remove plastic stopper from lid and cover loosely with a kitchen towel to allow steam to escape; purée.) Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with oregano sprigs. Cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, combine egg whites and 1/8 tsp each salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, remaining 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper, Parmigiano-Reggiano, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp thyme and cayenne.
- Dip 1 ravioli into egg mixture, turning to coat. Dip into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat and shaking off excess; transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ravioli, adding to sheet in a single layer. Bake, turning once, until lightly browned, 12 to 16 minutes. Divide among serving plates and serve with sauce.
- Serving Size 4 toasted ravioli and 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 135
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 19 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 363 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g