Love tofu? Try this recipe!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or 1/4 cup Burgundy wine)
- 2 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, puréed
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 packages extra-firm organic tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 20 button mushrooms
- 10 pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-cubes
- 1/4 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together ½ cup hot water, tamari, vinegar, tomato paste, oil, thyme, garlic and black pepper. Add tofu and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Thread each skewer with tofu, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grate with cooking oil and grill skewers for 10 to 12 minutes, turning several times and brushing liberally with reserved marinade.
- When ready to serve, drizzle any remaining sauce over skewers and top with parsley.
- Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Calories: 147
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3.5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 584 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g